Spring has definitely sprung around here. I’ve always loved spring because it brings a sense of excitement, fresh beginnings, and warmth. I have to admit I had mixed feelings about spring this year soley because of the prospect of going through my worst allergy season sans meds.
But after my good news yesterday, I decided to relish my favorite season in spite of the allergies. Sneezing be damned!
So here’s a short list of some of my favorite spring things:
– the sun comes out and stays out
– it gets warm, but not hot
– the trees suddenly have their leaves and provide a view of a million shades of green
– the flowers – every one of them brilliant, even the ‘weeds’
– the smell of spring, specifically:
– night blooming jasmine – it’s enchanting
– citrus blossoms – even more enchanting and they carry the promise of future bounty
– gardens full of carrots, tomatoes, basil, beets, more varieties of lettuce than you could imagine, and so on…
– everyone feels happy after the cold, gray days are gone and they can shed their winter coats
– our neighborhood opening day and all of the front yard parties that follow
What’s YOUR favorite season and why?