I’ve had my last round of chemo (for now) and I’ve talked about why that’s a good thing, but I realized there may be a downside to it – aside from the obvious anxiety of my tumor coming back – which, let’s face it is there with or without chemo.
Here are my top 5 reasons stopping chemo is a bad thing:
5. I may no longer have an excuse for not cleaning the litter box (and I probably shouldn’t have just admitted that.)
4. I can’t use ‘I’m on day 4 (5, 6…) of chemo’ as a reason to leave the room and take a nap.
3. I will have roughly one less trip up the beautiful 280 freeway per month and will, as a result, see fewer deer and running cows.
2. My reasons for buying frozen vegan enchiladas for ‘easy comfort food’ because I’m tired/nauseous will be over. Now if I buy them, I’m just lazy.
1. My psoriasis will come back in full force. I will again leave a trail of flakes behind me as I leave the room. Shampoo rotation is now in full effect (dandruff shampoo doesn’t understand my problems – so don’t bother suggesting it.)