As we near the one year anniversary of my Brain Surprise, my family has decided to show their support and love by helping to raise funds for National Brain Tumor Society in our local Silicon Valley Brain Tumor Walk on October 26th. My husband and brother-in-law have started a team: EveryDayLeft, Right, Left… Get it?
ABOUT NATIONAL BRAIN TUMOR SOCIETY
National Brain Tumor Society is fiercely committed to finding better treatments, and ultimately a cure, for people living with a brain tumor today and anyone who will be diagnosed tomorrow. This means effecting change in the system at all levels.
We have a rigorous and thoughtful agenda, integrating research and public policy to bridge critical gaps. Starting with discovery science, to clinical trial design and the development of new therapies, there are many opportunities to make improvements and speed the momentum of new findings.
National Brain Tumor Society is the largest brain tumor nonprofit organization in the country, hosting events, workshops, and scientific symposiums throughout the United States. Learn more at http://www.braintumor.org.
- Each year over 210,000 people in the United States are diagnosed with a primary or metastatic brain tumor – that’s over 575 people every day.
- Because brain tumors are located at the control center for thought, emotion, and movement, their effects on an individual’s physical and
cognitive abilities can be devastating.
- Among children under age 20, brain tumors are the most common form of solid tumor, and the second leading cause of cancer-related death, following leukemia.
- Brain tumor research is underfunded. National Brain Tumor Society is the only organization that not only funds significant research, but also advocates for increased government funding.
- No two brain tumors are alike. Prognosis, or expected outcome, is dependent on several factors including the type of tumor, location, response to treatment, an individual’s age, and overall health status.
- There are more than 120 different types of brain tumors, making effective treatment very complicated.
Thank you for your support!